Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Vino.

If anyone comes to visit Whit and me in Northern Virgina, there is a good chance that we will take you to (or at least recommend!) Linden Vineyards. It is one of my favorite places ever. EVER!! Linden Vineyards is a 5,000 case winery and vineyard situated along the Virginia Blue Ridge, about an hour outside of DC. Whit and I started going there when we were just dating at the recommendation of my friend, Heidi Metcalf. Even though Heidi's family has a farm house just down the road, she promised that Linden was the best wine that she had in VA. She was not wrong, Whit and I have tried several other vineyards/wineries in VA and we just keep coming back to Linden! One of the reasons I am so excited for spring to finally hit DC is that we can start taking trips back to the vineyard. From their website:

"Linden is a place where people can taste and learn about wines, and engage in conversation in a quiet, beautiful setting." Um, perfection! You can learn more about Linden Vineyards here.

Awhile back, our couples bible study group (minus Anne and Ryan!) took a day trip to Linden together, it was great fun. Here are some pics from that trip.



The Guys

The Ladies
One more time, different background

me and whit
Peter- mid-bite. had to.
I absolutely LOVE this picture of Peter and Ellie
The Claret.
Chards.
Vines.
The Couples Bible Study, minus Anna and Ryan!
how cute are Dave and Bets?!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I remember this vineyard! Or at least parts of it... I may or may not have fallen asleep shortly after drinking a couple of glasses of wine... hmmmmm. I love this blog and now you can say it is an international one!