Tuesday, April 15, 2008

First Photography Class

So, I just recently started taking this introductory photography class at the Torpedo Factory in Alexandria. The Torpedo Factory is this wonderful art center where local artists can house and sell their art work in addition to offering lots of fun classes! Tonight I have my second class and we are instructed to bring in 5-6 pictures that we took over the week and after presenting them to the class we will be critiqued by the members and instructor! Yikes! Oh yeah, and the pics must be of one subject. I love flowers, so while Whit and I were at Eastern Market in DC Sunday, I purchased some beautiful snap dragons and brought them home to photograph in different ways. Here are the 6 that I have chosen to present to the class, wish me luck!

On the grass Grass

Feeling romantic

Close Up
Back Porch Table
Back Fence

Most people roll their eyes over Texas pride up here. But that doesn't dissuade me, loud and proud baby, loud and proud!!!This is just a picture of the food market at Eastern Market, not showing this tonight, just for fun:)

1 comment:

Kristin said...

hi meredith! i love the name of your blog, and can relate, except we are opposites. ha! love your pictures...how did it turn out?