Wednesday, April 2, 2008

This Spontaneously Practical Life, Welcome to Blog World!

So, Whit and I have been discussing the idea of starting a blog for some time now. We just kept wondering if people would actually find our life interesting enough to read about! (Guess everyone wonders this???) In the end, we figured its a great way to keep family members updated on the daily happenings in our DC life, especially considering we live so far away from BOTH of our families (who reside in South Carolina and Texas) .

If you are wondering how the heck we came up with our blog title, its really a running joke between Whit and me...as well as those close friends that were around when we started dating. :) As many of you can attest, Whit is extraordinarily practical as well as a huge planner and I (Meredith) am more....well....Whit has always put it nicely by saying I am "spontaneous." :) When we first started dating Whit quickly noticed that I love spontaneous adventures and have a "fly by the seat of your pants" type mentality. Even though Whit's "practical" nature didn't mesh well with my breezy demeanor, he quickly adapted by arranging what he (and my roommates) called "planned spontaneity." Basically, I thought the dates were spur of the moment ideas and "wouldn't this be fun" thoughts......but little did I know that every single detail had been planned and organized! What you don't know won't hurt you (at least in this case). Anyways, we have lots of laughs due to that little difference in our personalities. Didn't some wise sage say that the thing you love most about your mate will also be thing that drives you crazy! ha!

That's the story behind the blog title hope you enjoy it!

Cheers!

-Mere and Whit

No comments: