Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Long time, no post...

Sorry I have been a blog slacker lately. There has just been so much going on, I feel like I am a little behind on everything!

Let's see, my best friend Kimberly is getting married on April 25th, so a couple weekends ago, I planned a little bachelorette weekend for her and 6 girls. We drove to Middleburg, VA (about an hour outside of DC) and stayed in this cute B&B, took a cooking class and did a lot of shopping. It was so fun, and such a relaxing get-away. A few of the girls and I had to leave early on Sunday to get back to DC and cook food for the shower we were throwing for Kimberly Sunday afternoon. It turned out to be a great event and the food was really yummy if I do say so myself! We are getting so excited for Kimberly and Rob's wedding, only a few weeks away. I will be a bridesmaid, yes happily wearing a strapless b-maid dress at 7 months pregant for my dear friend :) Let's just say, I will make people take pictures from the head up!

The next week, we had two good friends of mine from college stay with us and go to dinner. Caroline, Nick and I all went to the same church at UT, and were involved in some of the same ministries. It was so cool to catch up with them and introduce them to Whit. Since they have been married they spent a year in China and are now in Boston working and going to seminary at Gordon Conwell.

Friday was my sweet sister in law, Clara's b-day, I joined she and her friends downtown at this great Mexican restaurant called Rosa Mexicana, it was so fun to meet some of her new friends (she moved to DC last June) and get to know them better. They were going dacing in Georgetown aftwwards, but Whit came and picked the pregant lady up to home for a good night's rest.

On Saturday, Whit's mom Karen and his aunt Kathy came in town from Spartanburg, SC (Karen) and Raleigh, NC (Kathy) to spend Saturday through this morning (Wednesday) touring DC and visiting with us! It was such a great trip and so fun to have them stay at our place, felt like we really got some quality time together! The best part was, Karen and Kathy made it in town on Saturday in enough time to join me, Whit, Clara and my best friend Amy Marie in getting a 3D/4D sonogram at this place close to our house.

We had been considering doing this for awhile (my doctor doesn't do 3d/4d sonos) and after the experience Whit and I can both say it was worth every penny!!! It was amazing to see little Mary Harper on that sono.....God is so amazing and I can't believe there is this little person growing inside my belly! We got a few pretty clear pictures of her face, she looks very feminine with full lips and cute little button nose. She was moving around like crazy, so we were able to count all the fingers and toes and even see those little girl parts. Yup, we are definitely having a girl! It was unbelieveable....at one point all of us just screamed bc Mary Harper opened her little mouth to yawn (or sip some amniotic fluid, not sure which :) the technician just laughed at us and said how great it was to be around people who were so excited about a baby. It was so great to have all those family members with me too....just wonderful to share that experience with them. Can't wait to meet this little precious girl....posted some pics of the sono below.

Yesterday, I also had my 26 week appointment....everything looked good, gained another pound, blood pressure normal, etc. etc. When doctor Cobbs came in to use the doppler and take her heart beat, she had kinda a confused look on her face. She made me roll over on my side and then back, and took the doppler again, she found the heartbeat and said that it sounded good, 135, moving up to 140. She said at first it sounded like she was skipping a beat (scare me to death!), but after she had me roll over it sounded normal and she thinks the umbilical cord was just interfering with the heart beat sound. Whew! Now, I already start going to my appointments every 2 weeks, can't believe I am that far along already! I will go back in on April 14th (our anniversary :) and have to take my glucose tolerance test for gestational diabetes, ugh! I have had to do this once before, when we were going through all the infertility stuff.....and I was perfectly normal then....so I am hoping everything comes out ok, and there is no concern for gestational diabetes, would appreciate your prayers!

Other than that, we are working on getting the nursery ready. Whit has painted the little guest room a pale pink color and we are using White, Sage Green and an oak-y Tan color as accents. So far we have the crib, bedding, glider, antique dresser (that I am using as the changing table), a corner hutch to use as a book shelf, and a side table with lamp. We need to get a few more things for the walls...I am considering putting up a monogram decal on the wall above the crib....anyone done this before? I have seen a few that look cool, but I just don't know. Also, my mom sent me a couple boxes FULL of mine and my sisters old clothes, as well as some antique Wedgewood Beatrix Potter plates that I plan to hang on one of the walls. I just love antiques and vintage things. Its been so fun to look through all the clothes that my mom dressed us in....she had great taste, I mean loads of Feltman Brothers clothes and smocked dresses all in almost new condition. So fun to think about putting MH in some of the dresses I wore. Love that.

That's all or now, promise more regular updates, and maybe a belly shot or two.....the belly is alive and well these days!


Mary Harper yawning...

Mary Harper sleeping peacefully! I think she has pretty lips :)

Cute little hand by Mary Harper's face...

2 comments:

Julie Wheatley said...

it was worth the wait! what a great post. Fun to hear about the fun all the things were that I knew were coming up last time we hung out! that being said, you are 7 MONTHS! when did that happen. It's going by too fast and I feel like i'm missing it all! i have to see you and your cute belly. Pics are not enough. I want to see the real deal! let's hang out super soon!

Annie said...

Meredith,
I love keeping up with you! That little girl looks so precious! You have such good taste, I know the baby room will be just perfect! can't wait to see pics.
See you in May!
Annie