Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Bowling at the White House

I know, sounds weird, huh? But, yep! I definitely went bowling at the White House! My good friend Jeni, was able to secure two extra spots on a special trip to The White House bowling alley, so she asked me and Kimberly to go. We had a GREAT time.

Now, before you get too impressed, The White House bowling alley is not the most impressive in the world, its only two lanes, located in the basement of the White House, which President Truman had installed while in office. There were all these cool old photos of former Presidents and first ladies carrying their little bowling bags and heading over to the bowling alley, so amazing to think about how many important people have bowled there. I think I remember on Thanksgiving several years ago when the news reported that the Bush family was partaking in a very competitive bowling game at The White House on Thanksgiving day.

Also, and I really can't believe we were able to do this, but we brought a couple pizzas and some beer into the White House to complete our bowling experience.

File one away for the next truth or dare game: I have brought beer and pizza into the White House, past the Secret Service, and through security in October of 2008 :)



Jeni, Kimberly and me in front of the Truman bowling lanes

Practicing my form.
About to carry beer and pizza through Secret Service security at the SW gate of the White House
another shot....
me and kimberly
in front of the W pic

No comments: