Friday, July 25, 2008

Etsy

There are few things in life I love more than flea markets and artsy crafts. My husband can tell you, that wherever we travel, domestically or internationally, if there is a flea market within 50 miles of where we are.....I will find it and we will be there.

We have a great flea market in downtown DC, called Eastern Market. I have mentioned it before here, its one of Whit and my favorite places in the city. If you ever come visit DC, you most go see Eastern Market. In addition to the "Market Lunch" (think Carolina bar-b-que, blue-buck pancakes with home-made syrup and crab-cake sandwiches) which has been featured in the New York Times and Southern Living magazine, Eastern Market has loads of local artists, jewlry, rugs, furniture, antiques, hand-made pottery, etc. etc. etc. Some of my favorite gifts from Whit have come from Eastern Market.

So, when I found out about Etsy, I was so excited! Etsy, is an online trading store for artists around the country to list and sell their home-made products online. Genious!

Right now I am obsessing over this hand-made chip and dip serving piece, which can be found here. I love the turquoise colors. Whit I hope you are checking my blog, hint, hint :)


Also, Etsy creates personal "stores" for each artist to showcase their crafts. Right now I am loving a store call Nestlings. A couple months ago, I ordered one of these family signs below, of course ours reads : The Copley Family, Established 2007....I got it in the vintage red color.



Etsy has great jewelry too, check out these earrings!

Anyway, I encourage you to check it out! Happy Friday :)