Thursday, July 17, 2008

The Beach

My lovely parents-in-law and their family let me join them on their yearly beach vacation, over the 4th of July, in Edisto Beach, right by Charleston, SC. Initially, Whit was going to be unable to come (deadlines at work), so his parents flew me down on Monday June 30th and picked me up at the Charleston airport. To my surprise, Whit was able to fly down on Thursday morning and spent the rest of the week/weekend with everyone.

It was SUCH a restful, rejuvenating time....I just love beach vacations. Lots of reading, laying out, a little swimming and LOADS of eating. It was so fun to get to spend more time with Whit's extended family. Walker (Whit's dad) and his three siblings and ALL of their children and now grandchildren have been spending a week at the beach for about 14 years. I love that and I hope Whit and I are able to start and continue traditions like this with our family. The Copleys are a hoot and I am so thankful they shared their vacation with me :)

Here are some pics from the week, thanks to Karen and Laurie Copley!!!!

The musicians: Walker on the banjo, John Andrew, Uncle Nowell, and Steven on the guitar.
Whit pulling me around in the water, it was HOT!
my and the hubster
just before we left to spend the day in downtown Charleston
John Andrew works at a nice restaurant in Charleston, he is quite the chef, and prepared this dinner of mahi mahi with sun dried tomato risotto. This is a picture of the "plating" process.
Bocce Ball.
View from the front deck
The Siblings: Joe Copley, Walker Copley, Ann Page Copley Rogers, Nowell Copley
Me and "Cop" Whit's grandmother
me and walker
sunset


dolphins
closer pic of dolphins, they were so close to the shore
um, lets just say that it had been awile since I had laid out, I mean I have an office job!!!
deck at night
cousins wrestling

Whit and Ellie. Ellie is Laura Ann's daughter, whit's cousin. Isn't she just the CUTEST thing!!
Nowell's family: Laura Ann, Ellie, Laurie, Ginny, John Andrew and Nowell
The Men: Joe Rock, Steven, Walker, Whit, John Andrew, Nowell, Michael, Joe
Copley Women: Karen, Laurie, Ann Page


Keeping Warm, while the guys play some music...

1 comment:

Annie said...

So cute Mere, what a great family!
Love,
Annie