Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Dallas Shower and Lake!

Been meaning to post this for awhile.....

Over the weekend of May 8-10, I flew to Dallas for my first baby shower and a wonderful weekend with family and friends. It was so great be back in the "mother country", as I describe Texas to my equally state-proud husband! I was able to catch up with so many friends and had some extended time with my good friends from high school at Brenda's family's lake house at Cedar Creek.

Friday, my sister was scheduled to pick me up at DFW around 12pm. When she pulled up to the passenger pick-up line, I noticed that there was a guy in the front seat of the car. When he stepped out I immediately realized that it was my Dad, surprisingly in town from California. I haven't seen my Dad since I have been pregnant really, so it was so good to get some time with him. He needed to come to Dallas to renew some real estate stuff, so it worked out for him to be here Friday and part of Saturday to catch some time with me and my sisters.

We enjoyed a delish lunch at Ozonas (the begining of my Tex-Mex rampage) and then headed back to my grandmother's for a chat. It was fun just to sit with them and catch up on life. That afternoon they took my over to my mom's to unpack and rest, we were all going to meet up later for dinner. During the time I was at my mom's house, my dear friend from growing up, Rachel Terrell came over for a short visit with her daughter Ava. Rachel was not going to be able to make it to the shower on Saturday, so I was so glad to have some good time with them and chat. Ava is so precious and it made me so excited about having a girl! Rachel had some great tips about pregnancy and delivery too. Thanks Rach!

After mom got home and we refreshed a little we headed over to the Lake Highlands Mi Cocina (my FAV!) for dinner with dad, grandmother, aunt Nancy and uncle Joe, my sisters Annie and Emily, Emily's boyfriend Ryan and my mom. It was such a treat to be with all of those people, and as expected, Mi Cocina did not dissapoint!

Saturday morning was the shower at Karen Debenport's house, hosted by: Karen Debenport and Nicole Dalton, Beverly and Brenda Marr, and Alaina Busch and Carla Thomas. It was absolutely beautiful, cute pink decorations at the door and a lovely breakfast spread. So many wonderful friends made the effort to come and celebrate me and Mary Harper. I really felt so special and blessed, thanks so much girls!!!

Saturday afternoon, my mom and I hopped in the car with Sarah and Jan Staats and made our way out to Cedar Creek to stay the night at the Marr's lake house! Oh wow, their house is beautiful and we had a great meican dinner complete with quacamole and cake balls, delish! Fun extended time with friends and catching up on life. My mom and I were able to stay in the min-master suite, it was so comfy!! Thanks for organizing Brenda!

Here are some pics...

Lots of my best friend's from High School: Tori, Nicole, Alaina, Annie, Me, Amanda and Caroline

Me with all the gifts, lots of clothes for a little girl!
Dinner at Mi Cocina: Dad, Emily, Me, Annie, Grandmother
Emily, Mom, me and Annie
In front of Karen's House, "Its a Gril" Sign and pink tule!
The breakfast spread at the shower...
All the hostesses: Beverly, Brenda, Alaina, Me, Carla, Karen and Nicole
My cousin Summer's precious baby Sutton, he is such a doll!!
Another one with Sutton, so so cute!
Front of the house
Brenda's Lake House
View from the Lake House...

1 comment:

S, J, B, & S said...

We LOVED seeing you last weekend ... Sutton had the best time with all the ladies. :) I am really hoping we will be here when you come in Sept ... do you know dates yet? Can't wait to meet miss Mary Harper!!