Thursday, May 1, 2008

My Mom's visit and Erin's Baby Shower

Whew! This blog is late! A few weekends ago (April 24-27), my mom flew in town from Dallas to spend the weekend with me and Whit and also help me prepare for my first baby shower (not for me, just throwing one :). My mom hasn't been to DC since my wedding so it was so good having her in town and showing her our town home. My mom is amazing, she spent all morning Friday (while I was at work) cleaning my house, scrubbing floors, polishing silver, cleaning my refrigerator! It meant so much to me, bc there was NO way I was going to get all that done by the shower Sunday!

Friday afternoon, my mom and I went and grabbed some lunch at one of my favorite little cafe's, Evening Star Cafe in Alexandria, VA. After that we headed to the Leesburg outlets and did a little shopping. Friday night, I made dinner at home and Whit, My mom and I ate on our back porch. After dinner Whit and I took my mom to Clydes's restaurant in Shirlington a fun little place with great drinks and GREAT desserts, we got some of each :)

Saturday we decided to drive up to Annapolis, MD and show my mom a town that Whit and I just love! It had been awhile since my mom ha been to Annapolis (maybe 12 years) and even then we spent most of our time touring the naval yards and ships! So, we spent to day casually strolling through the heart of Annapolis. Whit and I were able to show my mom some of our favorite art stores (and even picked up a new piece for our house!). Later on, we took mom to this great crab place called Canter’s Riverside Inn and enjoyed margaritas and crab cakes, yum!

The rest of the weekend, Mom continued to help me prepare for the baby shower that the girls in my bible study and I threw for Erin Bronson at my house, here are some pics of the shower. Erin looks so darn cute and we are all very excited to welcome little William Keyes Bronson!




Erin with her mom and sisters!

Welcome baby keyesPre-party
Cheers!
Whit helping mom and me with last minute "honey-dos" :)
You doesn't love a diaper cake?
The food spread

Monogrammed petit fours!

The loot!
Merrick and me arranging favors!

No comments: